Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: put your arm up..

vCash

put your arm up..

all those people with us in the eastern stand tonight that were teasing Ratu Siganiyavi put your arm up.. yes i know tha ball is on the other side of the pitch but still put your arm up..

i almost feel we neet a put your arm up emoticon, for all of us in the eastern stand that were copying the #11 tonight. at one stage it was like a mini right handed mexican wave.

a.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    haha *puts hand up* poor guy...i felt so sorry for him!

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    you guys sounded like you were having fun over that side.....pity its was out in the rain....

but hey... a great night...heres to 10,000 next week,,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    you guys sounded like you were having fun over that side.....pity its was out in the rain....

but hey... a great night...heres to 10,000 next week,,

It was fun actually! The crowd came out with some good calls on players! I think one of my favourites was when the Rams number 19 tackled one our boys and they knocked on and someone screamed out at the ref 'it's the guy with the hair piece's fault'...lol...touche!

10 000 next week? Not sure we have that many rugby fans in WA sadly

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    we just need to get the message to the other 23,000 who regularly attened the games to get down there......a great place.....real beer...real food.....

vCash
    next week i'm going to take a big plastic arm so we can all wave to try to get the ball

and the rain was very minor actualy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    we just need to get the message to the other 23,000 who regularly attened the games to get down there......a great place.....real beer...real food.....
    real rectangles...

Hopefully it was just the rain that kept people away. I think once they realise that the comp is showcasing a lot of already known and recognised talent as well as the new boys people might be more encouraged....we'll see....next week should be good.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The atmosphere is so much more inviting, anyone who hasn't seen a game at MES couldn't possibly realise just what they are missing out on at Subiaco oval.

If you haven;t seen a game of rugby there yet - do it, it'll be the best money you've spent at a sports game.

Vikings next weekend should be a cracker!

vCash
    I'd never been to MES and you're right. I loved being able to hear what the boys were saying on the field from the stand...awesome to be so close.

Maybe we can get some bumblebee blow up hands and the whole eastern stand can wave in unity....ah man..the poor guy. Did he even touch the ball tonight?

vCash
    best quote from the field that we heard was after one of the many failed scrums in the second half. the ref had said somthing about one of the front rows not binding with their eyebrows correctly and we hear "yeah, what evearrr" drift off the rectangular field from the direction of the "spritited force" forwards..

a.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    I'd never been to MES and you're right. I loved being able to hear what the boys were saying on the field from the stand...awesome to be so close.

Maybe we can get some bumblebee blow up hands and the whole eastern stand can wave in unity....ah man..the poor guy. Did he even touch the ball tonight?
    ratu touched it twice i think one he pasased to sheps the other the magnificent pick up of his toes.

he didnt get used nearly enough. and there were no cross kicks for him? i mean he'd dominate in the air ...so bloody use him!

vCash
    although i enjoyed the game, atmosphere, and the fact that we were close to the field and could hear the players etc, i was pissed off with the fact that we were charged $7.00 per person in the car, to park on the grass field.Was i just ripped off ? or is that the norm. There weren't any other parking options.Doesnt seem like the right way to attract more spectators.!!!
    Although there were 3 of us in the car, we were only given one ticket.!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    ratu touched it twice i think one he pasased to sheps the other the magnificent pick up of his toes.

he didnt get used nearly enough. and there were no cross kicks for him? i mean he'd dominate in the air ...so bloody use him!

I was on the eastern side,brought a $20 general admission ticket & snared a seat on the half way line.Great atmosphere there.
    Ratu was standing too flat for much of the match,he'll learn
    As for the ref in the 2nd half.......thanks for nothing pal

vCash
    I thought the crowd atmosphere was great....i think it was because they were a truly appreciative rugby crowd who were there for a bit of fun and some good rugby. I was on the eastern side...Did anyone here when the west sydney fullback kicked it out and Ratu went for the quick throw-in but the ball landed in the crowd and he just went, "f*******k". it got quite a laugh from my section. Some guy yelled out "throw it to Jonah" which also got a bit of a laugh and there were a few other things too, but one of the best ones would be in the second half when the ref had started to give a few penalties out, one fella yells out "why don't you just give them a free kick?" and sure enough in the next phase he awarded a penalty to the Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizaWWE
    I thought the crowd atmosphere was great....i think it was because they were a truly appreciative rugby crowd who were there for a bit of fun and some good rugby. I was on the eastern side...Did anyone here when the west sydney fullback kicked it out and Ratu went for the quick throw-in but the ball landed in the crowd and he just went, "f*******k". it got quite a laugh from my section. Some guy yelled out "throw it to Jonah" which also got a bit of a laugh and there were a few other things too, but one of the best ones would be in the second half when the ref had started to give a few penalties out, one fella yells out "why don't you just give them a free kick?" and sure enough in the next phase he awarded a penalty to the Rams
    Yeah ratu was right in front of me when he screamed out that...hilarious. There was a guy in front of my yelling some hilarious things as well.. at one point he screamed out 'why don't you penalise them for patting each other on the back' lol...ah crowds....you can't beat them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast