Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: oppps.....there goes that coaching spot

vCash
    same here, i never thought andrew johns would do this (would have done this)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    yeah who expected him to come out with it?? never thought he would

vCash
    Mm the ironic thing is that i was fully prepared to believe his story that he was just unlucky and someone had put the pill in his pocket on the basis that i thought his reputation was impenetrable...looks like you can't trust anyone

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    funnily enough so was i, got home and saw it on foxsprts news and just thought wtf?? i also thought his reputation was golden, i never saw this comming from him thats for sure

vCash
    There have got to be some serious changes made to the AFL and NRL drug testing policies. This 'three strikes and you're out' is nonsense!

I hope at the end of the seasons the big wigs all sit down and have a serious chat.

It's becomming an absolute joke! No professionalism and dedication to their team, fans and not to mention their health.

I thought Johns was one of the good ones too. *sigh*

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    geez you guys i think you all expect too much from these blokes,
    this is a generalization but what is to be expected when you take a bloke's straight from school pay them rediculous amount and dont tell them how to spend it? expose them to a life only dreamt of by us mear mortals along with the extrem pressure of the public eye etc. and cry foul when these same guys fall short of the expectations of being a roll modle to the young, it is generally expected that actors and rock stars all end up drug f***ed and so is it really that hard to imagine these rockstars of the sporting world to be lured into doing the same?? i really think putting these young fellows on a pedistal is the root of these problems, sure its pro now and sport is there job but i think these stars need some time in the real world of 38hrs plus overtime to survive to put the world in perspective. anyway what im trying to say is these sport stars are reality starved and looking for an escape to the supercharged lives and presures of the media.

<>

vCash
    There's still no excuse though Krusher. Pressure or not, no one makes them take the drugs. It is ultimately an individual decision and there are many who don't take drugs so the circumstances can't be soley to blame.

It just shows a lack of dedication to the sport. Kids know what they're getting into now when they go pro and know the hard work involved.

I'm all for escapism... but in the form of bush walks, or a trip to the beach or just a nice long chat with a good friend or family member.

Not to mention it's illegal to take recreational drugs...

I do feel sorry for the blokes, but we can't just look the other way anymore. If you do the crime, you've gotta do the time.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Uhmm Johns drug habits were the worse kept secret over in this part of the world. The NRL are past masters at keeping things under lock and key when it comes to anything that might impact on their sponsorship deals.

Note the NRL are really distancing themselves from this one, guess Joey's playing days are truely over then. Trying very had not to tie this into a certain team currently trying to win a certain world cup, Wendy Sailor and Johns, oh dear.

While on the subject of the NRL ... nope don't give a rats really

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2