Thread: 2007 PSA Review

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

2007 PSA Review

Found this on RugbyWA.
    Pretty amazing how the ladder turned out in the PSA!
    If it was a pro comp then the ladder would see Scotch in second with the only positive points spread after the strong Hale.
    Congratulations to Hale for another consecutive title.

PSA Review- final round

In the final round of PSA fixtures, Wesley defeated Scotch 18-15 in a closely fought affair with the winning points scored in the last few minutes. In the other match played, Aquinas defeated Trinity 36-12. The final series of results means that five of the teams all share second position.

Results:

Scotch College 15 Wesley College 18
    Trinity College 10 Aquinas College 25
    Bye- Hale, Christ Church, Guildford.

Final PSA Table

School/P/W/L/D/For/Against/Points

Hale/10/10/0/0/466/61/20

Scotch/10/5/5/0/184/144/10

Aquinas/10/5/5/0/159/165/10

Christ Church/10/5/5/0/135/157/10

Guildford/10/5/5/0/127/156/10

Wesley/10/5/5/0/162/207/10

Trinity/10/0/10/0/55/379/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Not to discredit Wesley on their fine form in the last game vs Scotch, but i have to say that the referee for that game was absolutely terrible. It was his first match refereeing a PSA 1st XV grade and he messed it up. He used to and still refs Yr 10s. But he definitely shouldn't have got that appointment, considering it is a always a tight game. I had a chat with the referee-coach at halftime and even he questioned some calls that were made, especially at scrum time. With Scotch having arguably the best tighthead/loosehead prop combination in the PSA, the referee basically penalised Scotch for being too strong when its time to pack it low.
    It may sound a little bias, but Scotch did look the better side, with the Flyhalf's solo try after the halftime showing their class. The score was a good reflection of how tight the game was, though Scotch deserved to win.
    But well done to Hale, they've had an awesome season and very good players in their team.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    Not to discredit Wesley on their fine form in the last game vs Scotch, but i have to say that the referee for that game was absolutely terrible. It was his first match refereeing a PSA 1st XV grade and he messed it up. He used to and still refs Yr 10s. But he definitely shouldn't have got that appointment, considering it is a always a tight game. I had a chat with the referee-coach at halftime and even he questioned some calls that were made, especially at scrum time. With Scotch having arguably the best tighthead/loosehead prop combination in the PSA, the referee basically penalised Scotch for being too strong when its time to pack it low.
    It may sound a little bias, but Scotch did look the better side, with the Flyhalf's solo try after the halftime showing their class. The score was a good reflection of how tight the game was, though Scotch deserved to win.
    But well done to Hale, they've had an awesome season and very good players in their team.
    sour grapes?

and yes that ref was useless.....he use to stuff up our year 8 games. umm too strong in the scrum? i dont think so.

but pretty sure the highlight of the game was michael parker(our #8) hit on one of the scotch locks.

Hale. class of there own this year with i thinki two players signing with the force?

but anyway. tight comp this year. And the next few seasons it looks like it will be similar.

vCash
    Pruc, only the one signing with the Force; but two player for Aus Schoolboys.

A great PSA season all around and credit to all teams for making the competition tight overall. One has to say it was a one horse race in the end and well done to Hale... "full cred to the boys"

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Champion
    vCash
    hale dominated all season. second most points ever scored i think? but the most points they let in was wen they versed wesley.20sumthing to40something

vCash
    I did question the ref at halftime about the scrummaging and why Scotch was consistantly penalised. And he said Scotch was over-pushing and needed to control their scrum?!

Yeah, i did see that hit on the lock. It looked like a legal clothesline. Pretty good. It did fire up the Wesley team heaps.

vCash
    Now I wasn't at the game, but.....
    I did question the ref at halftime about the scrummaging and why Scotch was consistantly penalised. And he said Scotch was over-pushing and needed to control their scrum?!
    Under 19 law: scrum can't be pushed more than 1.5m. So control it.
    Yeah, i did see that hit on the lock. It looked like a legal clothesline. Pretty good. It did fire up the Wesley team heaps.
    Hmmm, yeh, right, a legal clothesline.........If it's high it's high. Penalty kick.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky
    Hmmm, yeh, right, a legal clothesline.........If it's high it's high. Penalty kick.
    it wasnt high. just below the shouldline. but in effect it was like a clothesline.

and yeah that was the reason wesleey turned the game around.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe scored the most against Hale Pruc but with a For/Against of 162/207 your defence seems to have more holes than dear Henry's bucket!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Mate, i'm a referee as well and it definitely did not move 1.5m. What was annoying was that the ball had already come to the feet of the No.8 and he blew the whistle. And by the way, a scrum pushing 1.5m isn't a penalty; it's a free kick.

What pruc said, it was kinda like a clothesline, just at the arm-pit level. Totally legal yet had the same effect as a clothesline.

vCash
    Mate, i'm a referee as well and it definitely did not move 1.5m. What was annoying was that the ball had already come to the feet of the No.8 and he blew the whistle. And by the way, a scrum pushing 1.5m isn't a penalty; it's a free kick.
    I made no mention of what the sanction was. (And by the way, I know what it is) As I mentioned before I didn't ref the game so I am only going on what youse guys are saying.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oooh...whistles at ten meters!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Just for the record.

In the year 9 devision there was a three way tie for first place between Scotch, Hale and Wesley.

We beat hale twice, Hale beat Wesley twice and Wesley beat us twice.

First time its ever happened in the PSA competition i believe