Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gerrard to head home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    We dont want shep to go.. i want to be selfish and keep him for the SPIRIT.. jimmys over there...

Am i hearing things (i mean about connolly's comments before kick off) the team is the strongest team on paper what the wallabies can pick as the players are picked on form, if thats the case, why is Tuqiri on the field for with his "2" tries in super 14 this year and ashley cooper-smith still looking like he is learning the game - as well as throwing the game as full back in the bledsioe cup. Pick Shep (its hard for me to say, as i want him in the force / spirit colors), and where is rathbone gone ?

cheers all... still want the wallabies do well - well connolly goes !!
    It is probably one of the strongest teams we can put on paper. Admittedly I'd have a few things different but like James said, we're suffering injuries. Rathbone has been out for a while with injuries the poor lad, but even so he's a centre...and we don't really need one of those...or perhaps a winger but again, we seem to have plenty.

I agree that Tuqiri is completely overrated but James makes some good points again, particularly about how other players feel about him and his ability to take out players through his pure size. The biggest thing he has going for him is taht he is quick and big. Whereas players like Mitchell have to rely on their ability to sprint pass defenders, Tuqiri can barrel over them at a pretty reasonable speed which makes him dangerous. His problem is that he's inconsistent and a complete arrogant knob who thinks he's so much better than he really is and needs to learn that rugby is a team sport (despite what my signature says...though i'm pretty sure tuqiri could learn from Gits big time about unselfish play)

I think Mitchell is totally underrated. What he lacks right now is the big game time and that's hardly his fault when Knuckles is in love with Tuqiri. He needs to work on his defence a little mroe but i think is attack is brilliant. He's always a breath of fresh air when he comes on the field and his mistakes are minimal.

As for Coops, he is still learning but he is def the find of the season. He's been playing well and yes he screwed up in the Bledisloe but everyone made mistakes there...even Greegs and Bernie stuffed up in that game (it was Bernie's failure to find touch that gave the SA the ball to kick that bloody field goal) so i'm not going to blame him for that. I think he's stepped up nicely and has alot to offer to the game

Sheps form atm is questionable so i can understand knuckles hesitation. I still think that Henjak should be in the team though if you're looking at form from the ARC. Henjak has really stepped up

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Unfortunately it sounds as if Hennas has now stepped up to the operating table

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Unfortunately it sounds as if Hennas has now stepped up to the operating table
    Yeah where did you hear that burgs? I haven't been able to find news of that anywhere..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A "white mouse" Jehna

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    A "white mouse" Jehna
    Ah...i wonder why he didn't say anything to me after the game. He was talking to me about Giteau instead...I did ask him if he was alright cos he looked pretty whacked when he came off the field...didn't realise it was going to be a knee

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    May not have known till it cooled down I guess.
    We'll know for sure in a day or two anyway...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Mm i'd say you're right. Sounds like he's used to his knee feeling like shit anyway. He'd be best to get it over with now though and ensure he's sweet for the super 14 season. I'm expecting big things from him next year and I think it'll be a good time for him given Greeg's retirement and we'll have a new coach which will be good for him. I think having Gits here is finally rubbing off on him. He's learning not to be so much of a dickhead and focus on his game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2