Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eagles loose Semi

vCash
    I'm with you Jargan, go the Swannies...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    boohoo....Good old Collingwood forever.....
    Did somebody say "bandwagon"???
    Your pleb Dockers would be so disappointed in you TEF

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry Jargan, I think the Swannies window may well of passed you by with the one Cup.
    I think it will be the Eagles and Port to piss off the Vics for next few seasons.
    Maybe by then the Dockers will be ready to play another Finals match

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    I think it will be the Eagles and Port to piss off the Vics for next few seasons.
    Maybe by then the Dockers will be ready to play another Finals match
    HAHAHA you're soooo funny Burgs...not

I have a theory....
    *2003 Dockers play first final and bomb out in first round.
    *2006 Dockers bomb out in preliminary final.
    Using this trend, it could be established that the Dockers will reach the GF in 2009, but hopefully not lose it!!

vCash
    Swans window is still open, we lost KEY players to injury. A few 1 point games etc. We got a couple of years left

vCash
    yay here we go another week of smartasses with really really not funny jokes about the eagles losing. i cbfd listening to why they are on drugs and how overated they are so i will take a knife with me everywere, so watch out.

vCash
    Well i'm usually one of those people to be honest, but last earned them alot of respect from me, especially those last 2 mins in normal time, the way they refused to die

vCash
    Bloody footie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Did you actually watch the match Beaver?
    No course not! I was just guessing.

vCash
    haha the eagles got raped.

Get it right up their fans.

vCash
    and now Chris Judd's leaving?

vCash
    Mm i've been reading that too sage. I can't believe he'd leave. Why? And to go to collingwood or carlton? Wtf? He's on a good ticket with the eagles and i reckon judging by the way they played friday they'll have a good season next year. Idiot..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Mm i've been reading that too sage. I can't believe he'd leave. Why? And to go to collingwood or carlton? Wtf? He's on a good ticket with the eagles and i reckon judging by the way they played friday they'll have a good season next year. Idiot..
    He's always stated he wants to go back to Melbourne to be with his family one day and play footy...he's accomplished everything possible with WCE and can now go on to a new challenge at another club, most likely Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood or Richmond i think....hehe Eagles

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Apparently it is all stemming from the media reading all sorts of "hidden meanings" into Woosha saying he wouldn't stop him if that is what he wanted to do.
    Without Judd here Victoria won't know where WA is...
    Be a fair trade for Buddy Franklin I reckon.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    It's official....

Judd leaving Eagles

September 16, 2007

THE hunt is on, after the AFL's most prized player, Chris Judd, officially placed himself on the trade market.

By declaring his intention to move to Victoria, the decorated West Coast skipper opened a recruiting battle that will rival the fight for the premiership cup in intensity.

The bidding war will have to be fought on two fronts, with clubs needing to produce a deal that will suit Judd, while also satisfying the Eagles with a trade deal that one official predicted will set "a new benchmark".

Judd today broke the news to Eagles coach John Worsfold and other West Coast officials, less than two days after the club's premiership defence ended at Subiaco Oval on Friday night.

But Judd's manager Paul Connors said the superstar had made up his mind even before Friday night's extra-time loss to Collingwood, which he missed through injury.

Connors said Judd's decision to return to his native Victoria, after six stunning seasons with the Eagles, was about family and not money.

"I can confirm that Chris has advised John Worsfold today of his desire to go back to Melbourne," Connors told Perth radio station 6PR.

"Chris is going to speak to his fans and the public tomorrow (Monday), so he might elaborate then, but he told me on Thursday night.

"The reason is that he is a Melbourne boy, he feels like he has given great service over six years to the club.

"There is no specific thing, he just wants to go home to his family."

The Eagles released a statement saying they were "extremely disappointed with the decision" but were unwilling to comment further ahead of a press conference on Monday.

Despite speculation several Melbourne-based clubs have been working on strategies to lure him, with Carlton believed to be in the box seat, Connors said no talks had been held yet.

"He has not spoken to any club, we have seen the speculation about this club and that club offering money," he said.

The 24-year-old's youth and status as arguably the competition's best player mean all Victorian clubs are expected to join the hunt for his services.

His list of achievements include winning the Brownlow Medal in 2004, just his third AFL season, then winning the Norm Smith Medal in a losing grand final side in 2005 before captaining the Eagles to last season's premiership.

He was the Brownlow favourite midway through this season before being restricted during the second half of the year by a nagging groin problem, for which he is set to undergo surgery.

The Blues have the advantage of the priority No.1 pick at the upcoming national draft, as well as having the No.3 pick, giving them plenty of ammunition at the trade table.

It is likely the Eagles would demand an early draft pick as well as a quality young player in return for Judd.

The Blues should have plenty of room under their salary cap, given the retirements this year of stars Anthony Koutoufides and Matthew Lappin, with predictions Judd's salary will top the $1 million mark.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann said it was too early to say what would be needed in terms of a pay deal or trade deal, but unsurprisingly confirmed the Blues' interest.

"We'll have a talk to his manager and find out (what he wants), the other ingredient is Chris himself, where he wants to play, we need to have a talk to him about that," Swann said.

"I'm sure the Eagles will be asking a lot, but it's too early to speculate, he might want to go to Collingwood, Essendon or someone else and then we won't have to bother."

Swann expected it would take the biggest trade deal ever, as did Richmond football director Greg Miller.

"There probably hasn't been a player like him become available, so there will be a new benchmark," Miller said.

"Whether we have a chance or not, we'll have to wait and see."

Collingwood football chief Geoff Walsh said Judd would go for "plenty" but said the Magpies had not yet formed a plan to try to snare him.

AAP

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast