Thread: There's a new man in town.....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Post There's a new man in town.....

John Eric Paul Mitchell, was born on 23 March 1964 in Hawera, New Zealand. The global rugby career for the Western Force Super 14 inaugural head coach has been a mixture of outstanding achievements both as a player and coach.

As a storming No. 8, he was a centurion with his beloved Waikato province in New Zealand and captain of the All Blacks in six matches on their tour of England and Scotland in 1993.

On retirement, his rugby coaching career quickly took off.

During his association with Sale in the UK competition - firstly as player-coach and later as Director of Rugby – his potential as a coach caught the attention of the Rugby Football Union.

This led to his appointment in 1997 as assistant coach to Clive Woodward of the England team for three years. During this period, England were Six Nations and Triple Crown champions and Mitchell’s contribution to the team’s success was pivotal in England claiming the 2003 World Cup trophy.

Returning to New Zealand in 2001, Mitchell was appointed head coach of the Waikato Chiefs in the Super 12 competition. The following year he replaced Wayne Smith as coach of the All Blacks, an appointment that concluded following the 2003 World Cup. He is one of only three New Zealanders to have played for, captained and coached the All Blacks.

During the period Mitchell was in charge of the All Blacks, an undefeated northern hemisphere tour, two back-to-back Tri Nations championships and Bledisloe and Gallagher cup successes underlined his coaching effectiveness.

When he left his job as Waikato’s coach in the NPC in 2005 and moved to Perth to take charge of the Western Force, Mitchell’s international coaching success rate stood at 86%.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    I would love for Mitchell to coach Australia... that'd really get the kiwi's biting..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    I would love for Mitchell to coach Australia... that'd really get the kiwi's biting..
    Nah not really it would just confirm what we knew all along...

That you guys across the ditch have All Balck envy

Maybe need a few explayers too...

Prospect
    vCash
    Hey guys, aloha from Safrica. Wish I could say anything nice about the force, but according to mitchell you were gonna kill us! Go Lions! Anyhouw, you fellas follow the cricket. Oops... nevermind...

Champion
    vCash
    where did yu hear that? i heard that he said it would be a very physical encounter?

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    where did yu hear that? i heard that he said it would be a very physical encounter?
    Seriously? You guys didn't hear the hole pre-match squeal about how the "force are going to register their first win on local soil, no doubt"???
    Mind you, we get some pretty slanted commentary over here as well. Go figure.

vCash
    Err, pretty sure Mitchell never said that mate. In fact I'm sure he said quite the opposite.

Champion
    vCash
    yes we have a huge chance to register our first home win. our biggest chance yet momentum etc. but never said we would smash them

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry Mr O, I think the propoganda machine may have kicked in over there.
    No one associated to the team ever said anything publicly like that mate.
    All of them gave the Lions a great deal of respect and credit.
    The beat up came from the media and fans if anywhere.
    On Thursdays Inside Rugby on Fox Mitch was very conservative and most Australians would possibly have thought (considering the Cats/Lions had never won a match in Australia before) that he was being TOO gracious.
    As discussed elsewhere, full credit to the Lions for sticking to thier match plan and getting a good win for them.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    First he has to teach the Force to master the art of choking. Oh wait..yes, he's ready for the job.

To the extreme !