Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rugby rolls AFL

Apprentice
    vCash

Rugby rolls AFL

It's with a heavy heart that Barra, Mick and Mitch announce that Friday night could be our last broadcast of the mighty Force for some time. Barring a minor miracle, from 6pm Friday we will be saluting a brilliant second season from the boys with our best commentary effort yet.

Tai McIsaac, the world's smartest rake told us on Sports Central (weeknights from 6 on 6PR) that after consultation with the boffins at UWA, the Force must defeat the Blues by 43 points whilst hoping the Brumbies and the Chiefs lose (without a bonus point).. for WA to make the Super 14 finals.

It's not impossible... after all three front-rowers have scored tries this season for the Force so miracles do happen but it's the 43 point margin that could get us we reckon. 6 tries plus conversions (to nil ) is a possibly but that extra point could do us in we reckon. A bridge too far.

Anyway to try and go back to back for the Emirates Western Force media award and win another trip to Dubai for the rugby seven's we will be having a red hot crack Friday night. We've rolled the aussie rules boys (Brad Hardie and Co) and the St Kilda - Carlton game, that game has been reduced to score-updates. (I know many of you doubted our committment but there its is. It'll probably cost someone there job but heck the Force are worth it).

And here's our run-down for Friday night, I hope our competitiors respect us enough to look the other way right now.

1. Mick Collis (former WA state player) and Barra (former ACT state junior player and part-time Eagle and no time Red) kick it off.

2. Then into an interview with rugby great David Campese. Campo to wrap up the Force and WA rugby plus touch on Australia's chances at the World Cup. (always controversial the great Campo).

3. Call for talk-back - we got quite a bit after last game - if you're in your car etc pls call 922-11-882, that's 922-11-882.

3. Catch up with either Peter Fitzsimmons or Buddha Handy (the entertainers in Australia rugby). Subject - Western Force/Wallabies.

4. Quick cross down to WA state team re-union in the Barry Cable (or wherever) Room. Mitch Hardy to grab WA's greatest player (whoever that is) for a quick chat. 5-6 mins (via phone)

5.Cam Shepherd, injured Force star, to come into the box at 6.40ish to start the preview of the game.

6. Back-up interview -Wallabies coach John Connolly.

7. Actuality of Force magic moments to come out of each break.

cheers everyone, thanks for your support this season. Here's hoping that by some quirk of fate we do speak again next week - otherwise, as the true keepers of the faith - keep up the good work.

Adrian Barich

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks Barra if we don't meet again here next week, we certainly hope the commitment (gee that's a hard word to say) continues next season.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barra
    It's with a heavy heart that Barra, Mick and Mitch announce that Friday night could be our last broadcast of the mighty Force for some time. Barring a minor miracle, from 6pm Friday we will be saluting a brilliant second season from the boys with our best commentary effort yet.

Tai McIsaac, the world's smartest rake told us on Sports Central (weeknights from 6 on 6PR) that after consultation with the boffins at UWA, the Force must defeat the Blues by 43 points whilst hoping the Brumbies and the Chiefs lose (without a bonus point).. for WA to make the Super 14 finals.

It's not impossible... after all three front-rowers have scored tries this season for the Force so miracles do happen but it's the 43 point margin that could get us we reckon. 6 tries plus conversions (to nil ) is a possibly but that extra point could do us in we reckon. A bridge too far.

Anyway to try and go back to back for the Emirates Western Force media award and win another trip to Dubai for the rugby seven's we will be having a red hot crack Friday night. We've rolled the aussie rules boys (Brad Hardie and Co) and the St Kilda - Carlton game, that game has been reduced to score-updates. (I know many of you doubted our committment but there its is. It'll probably cost someone there job but heck the Force are worth it).

And here's our run-down for Friday night, I hope our competitiors respect us enough to look the other way right now.

1. Mick Collis (former WA state player) and Barra (former ACT state junior player and part-time Eagle and no time Red) kick it off.

2. Then into an interview with rugby great David Campese. Campo to wrap up the Force and WA rugby plus touch on Australia's chances at the World Cup. (always controversial the great Campo).

3. Call for talk-back - we got quite a bit after last game - if you're in your car etc pls call 922-11-882, that's 922-11-882.

3. Catch up with either Peter Fitzsimmons or Buddha Handy (the entertainers in Australia rugby). Subject - Western Force/Wallabies.

4. Quick cross down to WA state team re-union in the Barry Cable (or wherever) Room. Mitch Hardy to grab WA's greatest player (whoever that is) for a quick chat. 5-6 mins (via phone)

5.Cam Shepherd, injured Force star, to come into the box at 6.40ish to start the preview of the game.

6. Back-up interview -Wallabies coach John Connolly.

7. Actuality of Force magic moments to come out of each break.

cheers everyone, thanks for your support this season. Here's hoping that by some quirk of fate we do speak again next week - otherwise, as the true keepers of the faith - keep up the good work.

Adrian Barich

Alright, I'm new here so probably some dumb questions but:

A) is this a radio broadcast?
    B) is it available in Adelaide?
    C) if this one isn't, does anyone know of any radio coverage of Force games on the radio here in Adelaide?

Thanks

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll try and help as Barra does seem to ba about at the moment.

A) Yes
    B) I would expect not unless streamed (whatever that is)
    C) There will be some answers coming from everywhere in a moment, sit tight.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes
    No
    No

Sorry!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Whooshka!!!!

C) Unfortunately gustafsl none of the radio stations are allowed to webcast, they put alternate material on during the local broadcast.
    It is because of the licensing agreement with Fox and SANZAR apparently

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Whooshka!!!!
    Russian, Romanian.......................?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A cold breeze from Burgerland, a small island out off Adelaide...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh well, fortunately I do get Fox so at least I get to see the games. But would have been great to hear some commentary from Force biased/exited commentators as well as pre-game stuff and post-game phone calls.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oh there's no bias over this side of the fence mate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Thanks 6PR. If not next week you'll all have plenty to talk about from August when The Spirit kick-off. That'll roll nicely into the RWC. Innit great to support one of the codes that go on all year somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl
    But would have been great to hear some commentary from Force biased/exited commentators as well as pre-game stuff and post-game phone calls.
    Try it on Friday. I think only the call has copyright issues, maybe the pre/post stuff is streamed.

Last edited by shasta; 02-05-07 at 13:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks 6PR

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Oh there's no bias over this side of the fence mate
    Absolutely not - our eye sees it exactly as it happens.

vCash
    Thanks barra and 6PR!! Good coverage this year and hopefully see (hear?) you back next year!

vCash
    Guessing that pre/post match streamed try:

www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/Talk/6PR/

also RugbyWA does excellent match updates for those without Fox - and yes they are a little biased

CARN THE FORCE

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast