Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fava outa favour??

vCash
    After last nights performance by Palu, fava must be bought back into the starting team, as i believe Palus` performance was very mediocre....That said, not too many players played well at all, was a shocking game of rugby, which in my opinion highlighted a lack of confidence in the Wallabies camp.
    Kicking the ball over 30 times is no way to play Australian style rugby, where was the free flowing backline and confident forward play from Brisbane. I know it was a bit moist, but they have played in these conditions plenty of times before.
    They will get slaughtered in South Africa if things don`t improve.....

Quick edit.......The scrum has improved enourmously....Finally looking competitive

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I actually differ here frontrow, in a truely terrible standard of a match I felt Palu actually showed some glimpses of great potential.
    For me, Fava is a known quantity (even after only a couple of Tests but due to his distinguished Brumbies and Eastwood career) so I would lean towards allowing Cliffy to the confidence of knowing he has until say the Ireland match on the Spring Tour to prove himself barring injury. If he fails then we know Fava can step in or maybe even Lyons will be back to full match fitness.
    If he is dropped now I doubt we would see him again, which would be a great shame. I was impressed that he showed little emotion from winning his first Test which would indicate that he was being hard on himself.
    I certainly rated him among our better players in a very ordinary affair and it should be noted that he ran out the full 80 minutes as well.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Point taken, i suppose i still feel for Scotty, and that he too has earnt the starting position, and in my eye, played pretty well faultless. I know he has played a few tests, but he isn`t getting any younger so opportunities are not going to become more frequent for him to get game time, whereas palu will have a longer future due to his youth.
    I saw a few good things from him last night, but on the whole,( and in a lacklustre team), i think he may have been a bit nervous and didn`t grasp the opportunity with both hands...That said, he played well at the back of the scrum (which looks really good), all except for the mix up which cost us a try.

vCash
    It's a tough question, isn't it. Do you go with the young, inexperienced player who is, undoubtedly, the future for the team and give him some game time in the run up to the main event (RWC) or do you play the form player who is coming to the end of his career and probably won't feature after the RWC in an international sense?

Personally, I'd have both in the squad and play Fava from the start against the ABs and Palu from the start against SA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2