Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force V Queensland Ballymore trial

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    cough...Claremont Football Ground...cough cough...
    bulldoze that cr*phole. I understand they are putting accommodation around that at some point. maybe.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That's what I am saying, CFC is moving to the Showgrounds and vacating the CF Grounds, hence a large sporting precinct, tied in with potential for dedicated entertainment options pre and post match and extensive parking and a dedicated trainstation at the Showgrounds, is available.
    Slot a Lang Park in there quite easily.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    You could say the same of Joondalup...

Anything moving it too far from the central train and bus stations would be a disaster. I can't see anyone using public transport if it is an hour+ commute each way, and if they drive it would be a traffic nightmare. Not much point having an entertainment area either if everyone drove.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That's what I am saying, CFC is moving to the Showgrounds and vacating the CF Grounds, hence a large sporting precinct, tied in with potential for dedicated entertainment options pre and post match and extensive parking and a dedicated trainstation at the Showgrounds, is available.
    Slot a Lang Park in there quite easily.
    I like the idea of Claremont because its close to me but to be fair Burgs there is only one pub within any reasonable distance of CFC and its fairly packed on a regular Friday little own with a big sports event.

It has to stay in the middle belt somewhere though. Joondalup in the north and Cockburn area in the south are a bit isolating.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I dunno, people seem to manage to the Royal Show a-ok.
    When you have a look at the equal number of fully loaded trains heading out east and west from Subi and West L after a match you realise just how many are from West (and Freo) of the ground.
    If you are training it to the City to get to Subi then you are already on the Freo line and catching two trains each way.
    There's also this strange idea of having a skipper for the night that young crew seem to be adopting...
    You can do better than that Andy surely?

you get an extra minute of daylight in Claremont too...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The idea being to have a dedicated bar/s at the Show Grounds James, similar to what the Eagles are trying/have tried to get in Subiaco.
    It would be a "genuine" Club House type thing which would include the Force benefiting from all your pre and post match spending.
    Could quite easily deck out one or two of the Exhibition Sheds for bars for the season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I like your thinking here Burgs.

Champion
    vCash
    Leederville oval would be as good as MES except I cant walk to the matchs at Leederville........ cough cough cough

vCash
    When you have a look at the equal number of fully loaded trains heading out east and west from Subi and West L after a match you realise just how many are from West (and Freo) of the ground.
    If you are training it to the City to get to Subi then you are already on the Freo line and catching two trains each way.
    There's also this strange idea of having a skipper for the night that young crew seem to be adopting...
    You can do better than that Andy surely?
    I was actually driving past the showgrounds on the weekend and thought about this thread, but came to the same conclusion Andy did.

The Royal Show is a once a year job- so people don't mind going out of their way for one day. For alot of people it's the days entertainment in and of itself- they're not looking to go out before or after it.

While Claremont isn't as far removed from the city and it's entertainment precincts as the Olympic Stadium, it's generally acknowledged that part of the problem getting people to go there outside the big games is it's isolation.

I know you hate MES, but all reservations about it's facilities and suitability aside, it is quite possible to walk back to Perth (no matter how many TVRs you've consumed ) for transport in any direction, or many, many carparking facilities, or Northbridge if one wanted to kick on into the evening.

Champion
    vCash
    TOCC. Who is the full back this year for the Reds (ex league player name??)

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    You could say the same of Joondalup...

Anything moving it too far from the central train and bus stations would be a disaster. I can't see anyone using public transport if it is an hour+ commute each way, and if they drive it would be a traffic nightmare. Not much point having an entertainment area either if everyone drove.
    Canberra and the Brumbies seem to do ok

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Is that right - 20,000 in an hour or so either side of a two hour match compared with half a million visitors over eight full days. And all with never a complaint from the neighbours and an abundance of parking...NOT! Even the show websites tell everyone what a disaster the parking is! I can just imagine what it would be like on a Friday night, with the lights on at the CFC 'til 10pm, at the showgrounds 'til after 11pm and drunk idiots walking around the neighbourhood 'til midnight. Lucky those Claremont folk are all kinds of understanding.

vCash
    it also gets back to what andy said about public transport. The only people that would benefit from the Public transport side of things would be people already living on the Fremantle Line or a Bus Route in that area.

I personally would be looking at a 25 minute train trip into the city, a further 15 minutes from the City to Claremont plus time waiting at Perth Train Station waiting for a connecting train service. So at least 50ish minutes in trasnit to and from the game, and I am only in Maddington

Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Lucky those Claremont folk are all kinds of understanding.
    they sure are, thats why they tried to can the Big Day out

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Canberra and the Brumbies seem to do ok
    If you say so - can't say I was that impressed when we visited the other year. Well organised enough, but those buses do kind of put a big hiatus in your evening. Maybe the Canberra folk are just a bit dull, but it seemed to me almost everyone on the bus we caught just went home.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    and they got rid of the claremont speedway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast