Evening all, just pinched this from the foxsports website

Brumbies hit by hurricane force - Super 14 - Fox Sports

Brumbies hit by hurricane force

February 08, 2008 THE Hurricanes have smashed the Brumbies 42-21 in a Super 14 trial, prompting Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher to admit his side is admitted his side is off the pace in adapting to the experimental law variations.

The Brumbies were given a lesson in how to play to the new rules, and Fisher has just seven days to reflect on the caning before the Brumbies prepare to open their first campaign without legends George Gregan and Stephen Larkham against title favourites the Crusaders in Christchurch.

"I think the bottom line is that it's a very, very unstructured, reactive type game now and so we just need to get our heads around that and get better at that," Fisher said.

"We showed some really good touches on that but I don't think our offloading game comes as naturally as it does to the Kiwis.

"When it got open they were more proficient at standing in tackles and offloading well, so I think that's a definite improvement area in our game."

Fisher said he expected the interpretation of the experimental laws by referees to differ between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

"The interpretation over here (in NZ) is certainly a lot of ruck free-kicks, a lot of quick-tap play-on ... (a) very open game, lots of offloads," he said.

"It was really challenging for our guys, and important, to be exposed to that.

"(It was) certainly (different) to what we experienced last week (against New South Wales), that the breakdown was very quickly officiated.

"There's nothing wrong with that but we just need to get used to that and get used to perhaps setting a better defensive line and working hard to shut down offloads.

"So it was just good to experience that speed of game. I think it will stand us in good stead."

The Brumbies came through the match injury free, and Fisher said Gregan and Larkham's likely replacements, Josh Holmes and Julian Huxley, "showed promising signs".

Winger Mark Gerrard and half-back Holmes snared Brumbies tries in the first half, with winger Afusipa Taumoepeau adding a third after the break.

A strong Hurricanes side, who crossed three times in each half, led 21-14 at half-time through tries from New Zealand All Blacks loose forwards Jerry Collins and Chris Masoe, and from centre Tamati Ellison.

Masoe was sin-binned shortly after scoring his try, for throwing a punch in retaliation.

All three tries were converted by five-eighth Jimmy Gopperth, who was replaced for the second spell by Willie Ripia.

Ripia also landed three from three, converting five-pointers from prop Jacob Ellison, centre Conrad Smith and winger Zac Guildford.

The Hurricanes kick-off their campaign against the Waratahs in Sydney.

AAP