Chat report 13/2/08

Honour roll
    Mtbeaver
    Burgs
    Jess
    ME
    Nigel (the Knife)
    Oxleymoron
    Maelkann....chris....twf_guest70 Geez mael, get an identity for chrissakes!
    Blue and Black
    Neogirl
    Flamethrower
    Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom
    Qld_supporter
    Benny
    Gerry (on loan from the Mandurah red wine appreciation institute)
    chookster....WTF I don't remember you being there dude?
    TQ1
    Swee_82
    unipirate
    Tragic
    Jargan
    TLH
    TOCC
    Larry the deviant
    the Boss man
    Bread
    Exile
    Jazza
    Daisy? I thought you were hamburgers by now?
    No8

Deep Breath!

OK now....so I rocks up at about 1/4 past after Beav telling me that I'm doing the report tonight. Though I might get a jump on things and make sure I've got all the early dirt.....Not so, there's already a bloody cheer squad in there and I lob into six of seven different conversations. This didn't bode well... I hope the night becomes a little smoother and easier to handle.

In the midst of fond farewells to Burgs (will the bugger EVER leave?) Beav tries to hit various people up for a topic.

No one suggests Matt Henjak's likelihood to be mistaken for the incredible hulk, rectangular stadia or the obvious first round free for all.....Beav crawls back into his hole!

Burgs plans to sample alcohol from pretty much the entire globe in the next three months and is hoping to get much of it for free from various governments and a certain foul-mouthed seppo.

I'm given Op powers for the first time....Interesting, I have control of the room on the first night I'll be too busy to bloody well use it...thanks for that Beav! Jess is jealous about my new-found godlike status, and attempts to get Beav to enlighten her as well.........unsuccessfully!
    After a quick run-down on the sort of things I can do...and a request that I kick Nigel (The knife) AKA 'Innocent' Quokka, I'm set free on the world.....Mwahahahahahaha!

B&B and Maelkann of the many names are the next to show, with very little meaningful conversation passing before they arrive. in the midst of the greetings the mafia connection makes some pissweak excuse and slinks off into the underworld, Benny Cousins must be hanging around Kingston Barracks again, hoping to score some more quokka love.....bugger the only reason I didn't kick the little rat is because I was hoping Badger would turn up in time for another stoush!

Neogirl fills the Quokka's recently vacated seat, and Matty begins a side conversation with Jess about the Quokka's various aliases. I guess it must be a GTT thing!

MtBeaver identifies the actual culprit to Jess "just between you and me"....and the twenty other people in the chatroom loser!

The Badger rolls in (to chorused shouts of Mushroom) and everyone appears upset that he missed the Quokka. I think we were hoping for a reenactment of Henjak vs Sare (buy it on Main Event)

Jess is confused as to the snake concept after calling Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom......don't panic, Jess it's one of those welsh things (I think, I wouldn't have a clue myself) ahh we do some strange things here don't we?

QLd_Supporter and Benny rock up, in the midst of all this!

(At this point, I'm thinking I can concentrate on the conversation....or concentrate on who's here but I'm pretty sure both is too big an ask for my Drummer's brain, I resolve to stop giving a shit and just talk to whoever talks to me)

Jess (like a good retail junkie) performs sales follow up with just about everyone who turns up (well at least those who've spent money recently) she's almost as good pushing the superstore as JO'N is at beating the with a bag of wet poop! BTW Jess, that means you're good!

An extended period of rapid-fire nothing ensued for a while.....Paraphrasing, Neogirl learns how to eat cheesecake, Beaver does his best to get people auto-kicked and TWF bitches about all and sundry!

Maelkann is the first victim of beaver's evil autokick plan right about the time Gerry shows, (to general whines of derision owing to the fact that he's shouting loud about how lazy he is!!!!!!)
    Maelkann makes it back in using (yet another) pseudonym, (seriously this dude must be working for a certain underworld figure based out of rottnest)

In a vain attempt to get the chat session on track Benny asks about Henjak and Sare....has the hearing taken place, most people seem to be pretty much over it, and wish the media would stop beating it up. Blue and Black starts showing off by posting links to 347 web pages a minute.....well done B&B but I suspect the use of a tabbed browser and some prior planning there! So anyway, the Henners discussion goes on for a while....I would go into detail, but I'd just be repeating what's already been said in several other places so I'll move on!

The Chookster pokes his ugly head in during the free-for-all as does TQ1......(did you realise your daughter has been eating cake and sipping orange juice constantly for the past twenty minutes.....she'll never get to sleep on that!)

Benny offers 1000 bucks on the No-one takes him up on it, go to TLH Benny he'll take any bet....even with pocket change like that!

Chook seems strangely reticent to comment on Tah-man for some reason....I've found another avatar to keep me busy, the whole TahMan Duff Man thing is just TOO EASY!

Chook ends the Yak/Sare discussion with (probably) my quote of the night..."[19:37] <chook> Why worry, The Yak will kick the saffas, old school. He;s bringing the biff back league style"

My head swims with visions of Reg Regan (Munted ear and all)

We take the piss for a while but it seems, nobody's heart is really in it....there's a lot of love in the room, mainly because the rugby starts this week...

Beaver pulls a Jess and plugs contribution....Everyone should contribute to the site...It helps keep things running which reminds me I need to get onto that! Contribution is cheap considering what it gains you.....essentially it gains you TWF keeping on running...we wouldn't want that to stop would we?

At this point of the night, we all decided to take a short break from the important business of paying Chook out over everything Waratahs, and whingeing about the way the media is treating the Yak, to change our text colours....Benny displays particularly poor form by taking Jess' colour.......NOTE WELL PEOPLE DON'T TAKE JESS COLOUR, she'll reach down the internet pipe thingy and tear your still beating heart out through your nose!

Believe it or not...it takes about 5 minutes for benny to choose a colour (sure that's not the Mrs-to-be driving then Benny?)

Chook tries to offload pretty much all the Waratahs off to the in exchange for Matt Henjak...It appears chook doesn't mind being roughed up...Or so I've heard! Chook leaves the conversation realising that he's not going to get hold of 'Angry Smurf' and just sets his sights on trying not to lose Burgess!

Conversation turns to the mighty topic of smurfs....smurf jokes ensue....people share their smurf love....what the heck, at least smurfs aren't a poofy shade of blue!

Qld Supporter and Burgs attempt to discuss the relative merits of the #9 stocks in Oz.....everyone else slinks into corners to indulge in private (or random) conversations....Nothing much to report there!

Unipirate (hereafter known as chatvirgin) shows up..hoping to convene a meeting on the stadium petition......this week? fat chance, everyone seems to be throwing random comments out there and trying to respond to what they see.

About this time Benny shares his wedding plans......The man intends to shackle himself at halftime during a Crusaders match....everyone is pretty stoked with it as an idea and heaps of advice flies around about how this could be achieved, whether Sharpie would be OK with being best man. Why Richie McCaw would make a great flower girl, and so on....the best advice I can give you Benny is get a rocket up ya. If you don't want to wait two years, you're getting married on March the 9th!

BTW Benny left an open invite to the wedding......apparently you can get tickets at ticketmaster....that beats Russell Crowe to hell doesn't it?

During this conversation chatvirgin and I attempt to steer the conversation to petitions....and neogirl attempts to steer the conversation to cake (TQ1 you've gotta do something about this girl's diet!) both attempts unsuccessful I might add

A line just jumped out of the log at me

[19:55] <+blueandblack> i really hope this chat report is in just one colour

is this better B&B?

Chook departs to his beddy bye and the conversation turns to.....benny's wedding again!

Realising he's not going to get any work done on the petition, chatvirgin makes tracks, to leave us all talking about.....Benny's wedding....Benny's stolen the chat! What will we do? Ahh well, it's better than bitching about Henjak again!

After we bag the crusaders a bit about their fondness for handbags, Benny gets booted (physically) and his Mrs (Kristin) slaps us all on the back of the head. She's a keeper Benny!

Tragic parachutes into this mess....and Beaver returns (who knew he left...the foul mouthed little mongrel told TWF where to go one time too many)

Everybody makes suggestions for Neogirl's birthday (did you write them down TQ1 there was some really good stuff there!)

Jargan turns up in the midst of all this talk about weddings, and the back of my mind wonders if "the bringer of beer" is talking to him yet.....moving on!

TLH shows up after a late night mowing lawns, right in the middle of B&B trying to get neogirl drunk.....SHAME B&B she's only a little kid!
    B&B's influence starts to show when neogirl posts a WTF...the adults in the chatroom take her to task and tell her that swearing will not be tolerated....even though we try and get away with it all night!

Benny pulls the pin about now...I suspect we'll see him and Kristin in chat again! B&B and Jargan are still trying to convince neogirl that alcohol's not all bad. Gerry only drinks to get used to it........He's trying really hard, but thinks he needs more practice!

Maelkann also pulls the pin, at about the time Neogirl is getting mum-kicked off to bed!
    Burgs is going to the 20-20 at the G....Jargan adds his name to the long list of people who hate Burgs now!

You can tell this week was confused in chat, TLH and Beaver start the whole text colour changing thing again!

Neogirl finally gets banned so she'll go to bed and let No8 have a go!
    TOCC jumps in and has a bit of trouble getting a word in edgewise.
    Larry lobs and immediately checks the rules.......wonder why?
    Beaver again tries to test his autokicker by getting people to use the F or C words....the same old tired joke keeps us amused, people saying Force...Curry...etc, Larry proves he just doesn't get it in a PM to beaver

Bye Larry, no wonder I didn't see you !
    Coach shows up....wonder if that'll bring any order to this mess? Nope, Beaver runs to him and dobs. I think I will follow up on that personal jinks Beaver!

TOCC moves on...the conversation gets pretty disjointed here....Valentine's day is dumb...we hate Burgs, because he's going traveling around the world.you know the usual stuff.

Exile and bread show up, in the midst of conversations about Jess's girls night and penis shaped cupcakes....Glad neogirl's gone!

General conversation about travel, the evils of Magners etc....Ox shoots through....some timezone thing I guess. He's complaining about getting up at 3:30 to watch the game Saturday! pfft!

Ox's departure springs a bit of an exodus...Conversations turn to the bright lights of country South Australia.....the conversation's short and unflattering!

Jazza turns up....his general conversation seems to consist of the word Gay!...that is all!
    Exile brings the heavy hand into play...thank God!
    FINALLY (when I'm out) the conversation turns to rectangular stadia.....The general consensus seems to be tear Subiaco oval down and rebuild it into a rectangle with the insurance money....No8 seems to be your man there, he's got about 14 million Maoris lined up for general urban warfare!

Beaver posts the new chatroom rules.. I copy them here for filler (basically)

[21:16] <@Mtbeaver> TWF CHATROOM RULES
    [21:16] <@Mtbeaver> 1. Follow operators instructions
    [21:16] <@Mtbeaver> From time to time an op might give you an instruction or request to help maintain the chatroom running properly. If you argue you will only make it worse, please follow what is requested of you.
    [21:16] <@Mtbeaver> 2. No excessive swearing or explicit language
    [21:16] <@Mtbeaver> A general rule-of-thumb, swearing is not allowed. Operators will have the final say on what is considered excessive. This rule also applies to sexually explicit language as well as user names.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> 3. No flooding or unnecessary repetition.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> Flooding is the repeated posting of the same message. It also includes posting of nonsense text that disrupts the chat. This makes it hard for other chatters to continue their conversation and will not be tolerated in the chat room.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> 4. No fighting or Name Calling.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> Yes, we know it sounds childish however arguments that get out of hand or fighting will not be tolerated and operators will remove problem people from the chat rooms regardless of who started it. Likewise if someone wants to be left alone then leave them alone.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> 5. No racist or prejudice slurs.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> Racism and prejudice of any kind will not be tolerated. Such behavior only makes you look small minded.
    [21:17] <jargan83>whos that "TWF" person over there --------------------->
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> 6. No illegal activity, as per real life.
    [21:17] <@Mtbeaver> Any activities on this site that are illegal in your own country or state are not allowed. Please be mindful of this as such activities within this site can be provided as transcripts to authorities as required.

Just one question Beav...the thing about nonsense text......most of the night has been nonsense, as a matter of fact I can't remember the last chat session that wasn't mainly nonsense! What gives? do you just want to ban us all!

Upon hearing the rules TQ1, Daisy, Jargan and Coach leave, coincidence?

No8 fronts and immediately calls for a riot...typical!
    8 posts the Reds team, and people have good things to say about the backs!
    Jazza shoots through after having very little impact on the conversation.
    Jess hands around drinks! the party begins!

and this is about where I came back.
    8 broke the news first about Yak playing Friday night. and everybody seemed....well kinda quiet about it actually!

The report from the tribunal was
    [21:52] <+no8> Jak said can I review the evidence - Haig said mmh mmhnnm mh gnnnn

Another bunch of bodies shoot through, and the conversation turns to.....TRIVIA? who asked for that!

We spend the next couple of minutes looking dumb until beaver kills the mongrel thing, then timebombs B&B......who brung him?

Well, now, that gets rid of B&B and the pickings are starting to get slim....Beaver, Flame and I take turns Kicking TWF and each other until that gets boring.....surprising how long it takes for that to get boring! and I shoot through about 10:30

I'm told that flame finished the night by banning beaver.....the end

Those who are new to chat...and chat reports should be advised that this night was TOTALLY PSYCHO we're not normally this nuts around here...it only happens the week before a big game!

Yours in rugby

The GIGSTA!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What's with the subliminal Magners add on this post?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You are not supposed to notice it Fulvio.

vCash
    Wow... am I really that ruthless, cut throat and evil?

Great report though! Very entertaining!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Oh what a fun night it was!

Great job GIGS20!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    What's with the subliminal Magners add on this post?
    It's on all posts that mention it - kind of a glossary for those unfortunates who have no idea what it is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Wow... am I really that ruthless, cut throat and evil?
    Tah-man thinks you are!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post

Jedi, I now require all Tah Man posts to conclude with OOOOh Yeahhhh (like Duffman)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post

OOOOh yeahhhh!!!!

(Is that ok GIGS20?)

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    one of the better ones gigs!
    well done.
    sorry i didnt make it. my boss decided to give me a 6am start. so i watched house and then crashed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    so i watched house and then crashed.
    Isn't House on at 8.30? What happened to the hour of chat before 8.30?

Tsk tsk!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    volleyball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    volleyball...
    Unlike Jedi who refuses to participate in any sport that you can't drink beer while playing. ie. golf, pool, darts, poker, bitch hunting, bowling, bocci , ect...

vCash
    Great report Gigs...may be able to swing by chat next week because it looks like we're not going to be in the finals this year for softball and thus no extended stays at the bar after training

Again, top Job "Gigsta"

vCash
    Top effort GIGS

"the bringer of beer" is talking to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast