Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How would you fix the situation? What would you change

vCash

How would you fix the situation? What would you change

Well I think the title says it all so lets hear what all of the faithful wise boys and girls think of the 's problems and what to do about it

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think the most important is as follow

1. a Halfback
    2. a rectangular home for the
    3. a weight gain of 6kg per player so we can be on par with the rest of the super rugby world
    4. a bit of luck will also come in handy

vCash
    I think one of the problems was the emphasis placed on starting the season well. I mean it was a tough first 6 weeks and it took a lot out of the boys to get to 4 and 2 with very competitive losses to the Sharks and Crusaders. The bye week wouldve been handy in week 7 but instead we ran into the form team at the time the Stormers. We then had 2 massively physical games against the Bulls and especially the Tahs. By the time we got Qld the boys were looking at the bye week to regroup and get over the niggling injuries that have now become a major concern. After the bye the boys have shown good character to beat the Chiefs then push the hurricanes.

vCash
    I have read somewhere that we have a better draw for 2009 can someone maybe post the draw as I can't seem to find it

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Too many Wanneroo and Uni players in their line up....

vCash
    From my comfortable armchair, which has never seen a cushion thrown in anger, I'd like to see an attack as good as our defence (when it's good). I also want the to continue the never-say-die attitude (so, don't change that!).

I'd like to see possibly a bit more mongrel at the breakdown.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    menu of the left of the main screen

vCash
    I also am a little bit concerned about the turnover of the players outside of the established players. Outside of the Wallaby players and the guys who have been foundation players weve had a number of ' squad ' players who have only stayed for one season then gone elsewhere. This situation is hopefully going to be improved by recruiting some young talent and the introduction of WA born and bred players. With a high turnover of ' squad ' players, when the established players get injured or lose form the backup players have problems adjusting to the standard of super 14 and executing the gameplans under pressure. The top sides mostly have a group of players in the squad just outside of the best 22 that stay with that team for 4 or 5 years or longer and put pressure on the rest of the squad to perform.

vCash
    We had 10 new players in 2008 so I agree with you nearthtop

40 Hockings, Tom February 15 2008 v Sharks 10
    41 Cummins, Nick February 15 2008 v Sharks 9
    42 Stannard, James February 15 2008 v Sharks 9
    43 Timani, Sitaleki February 15 2008 v Sharks 2
    44 Wykes, Sam February 22 2008 v Cheetahs 7
    45 Horua, Tamaiti February 22 2008 v Cheetahs 6
    46 Tatupu, Josh February 29 2008 v Lions 1
    47 O'Connor, James April 18 2008 v Reds 2
    48 Longbottom, Kieran May 3 2008 v Chiefs 1
    49 Haylett-Petty, Dane May 3 2008 v Chiefs 1

vCash
    A top class half back and tighthead wouldn't go astray but are hard to come by so developing each may be the only answer. Also another backrower would be handy, one who can cover Fava for when he decides to retire or if Pocock goes to the reds. Other than that i think we need to spend another year or so developing our squad players by organising some quality games against quality opposition. Just like the ARC was good for. A move to a 25000 seat MES is on the cards which should please a lot of people. Other than what ive said i think a bit of patience is needed. The finals appearance will come, we just need to learn to perform consistently at home and away. And when we have a lead not let other teams back into games especially at home which is a mental thing.

vCash
    Of the guys you've mentioned there PB ( apart from sitaleki ' the brumbies offered $10000 more, seeya later ' timani ) those guys need to have more top level exposure to develop consistency. BUT when they do we'll have a hell of a team!!!

vCash
    Why don't we put a top level combined club team together and play a couple of off season games and then a couple of pre season games against the force payers that need the game time and need to get game fit. This will also give the club guys the exposure to top level rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    I have read somewhere that we have a better draw for 2009 can someone maybe post the draw as I can't seem to find it
    Same as 2007 but in reverse order.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Erm, dont sustain injuries? And how about no player indiscretions off feild. Might be a start. The Force are not that bad, a good run without those mentioned problems would see us in the 4. Do not forget 2008 was a very tough draw.

Hasta la vista Pam

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    To be honest, we aren't that far off. And seriously the draw has heaps to do with how the season plays out.

Where would we be this year if our matchups against the Sharks and Stormers had been switched. IE Stormers in week 1 and Sharks later on.

The Sharks started hot but have since dropped off. The Stormers started slow and have gone on a run since about week 4. We got them right in the middle of their fantastic run (which is still going). If we had got the Stormers in week 1 when they weren't playing so great we might have beat them. Same if we had got the Sharks in the past couple weeks when they haven't been playing great.

Same can be said for the Crusaders game. Even though they have still only lost one game. They haven't been that great in at least the past three games. If it had been us playing them a few weeks back instead of the Cheifs we might have been the ones to beat them.

It's always easy to blame a poor schedule or referee, but a great team will find a to win no matter what.

We also can't forget that it is still only the third season. I think it's still going to take a few more years before they really start to challenge for the top. Once some of the locals start to come up we will get better.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast