Thread: Seagulls home on a wing and a prayer

vCash

Seagulls home on a wing and a prayer

Cottesloe showed both its potential and its limitations in a late 32-10 win over a game but undisciplined Palmyra at Hartfield today, in the Rugby club competition sponsored by KWIK Crane and Transport Hire.

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyWA View Post
    Cottesloe showed both its potential and its limitations in a late 32-10 win over a game but undisciplined Palmyra at Hartfield today, in the Rugby club competition sponsored by KWIK Crane and Transport Hire.

More...
    Pretty sure it was at Harvey Field...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Pretty sure it was at Harvey Field...

Hartfield, Harvey Field -- they both start with a Har and end with a field, it's all very confusing when you're under pressure and the deadline is approaching.

At least I got it right for The West.

vCash
    I know, I know, must be tough...

You done good but.

I read your articles with more interest when it's a game I've been at. I couldn't do what you do - you have a great eye for the game and an excellent way with words. You de man.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    When are the clubs going to get the Kwik Crane and Transport Hire goal post pads?

In fact when are the clubs going to get KC&TH anything to warrant their being recognised in your epistles Rick?

Have a quiet word with RugbyWA administration on our behalf Rick, you know you have the influence over She Who Keeps Us Dismayed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I know, I know, must be tough...

You done good but.

I read your articles with more interest when it's a game I've been at. I couldn't do what you do - you have a great eye for the game and an excellent way with words. You de man.
    Gosh, thanks. God knows I wouldn't be a ref unless large sums of money were involved. And if there were, I'd probably be last on the list to be employed.

I went as far as earning my level one touch referee's badge a few years ago, and that was tough enough. And the way nomally mild-mannered club blokes would turn on you with snarling, incoherent fury just because you ruled a forward pass they thought wasn't forward (as if they EVER think ANY pass of theirs is forward) -- well, if you can take that on a weekly basis and resist the impluse to ram the whistle right up their left nostril, you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

Mind you, I get a bit of feedback now and then myself. Being a rugby journo is a bit like being a referee -- both teams think you've been too hard on them and too soft on the opposition, no matter what you do.

But even I must confess to some amazement at how more accurate the refs become when I'm a neutral observor watching two unrelated teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    When are the clubs going to get the Kwik Crane and Transport Hire goal post pads?

In fact when are the clubs going to get KC&TH anything to warrant their being recognised in your epistles Rick?

Have a quiet word with RugbyWA administration on our behalf Rick, you know you have the influence over She Who Keeps Us Dismayed.
    Jeez don't ask me Frank. I am but a mere cog in the Mighty Machine. I just follow orders.

On a slightly different tack, I was quite impressed with Paly last Saturday. The game was closer than the final score indicated and when that back line gets going, they look pretty tidy. It must be tough having lost most of your first grade over the summer and there's not a lot you can do but grit your teeth and plough through it.

A bit more muscle up front and a few less penalties wouldn't hurt though. But Paly certainly weren't the walkovers I had been led to believe they might be.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Plough through it? Mate, it's been harder than ploughing a newly cleared wheat paddock with a lame clydsedale and no stump jump plough!

And by the way, I think the clydsedale just died.