Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A need for change

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

A need for change

With the recently announced departure of Matt Giteau, I have noticed a need for some changes here in TWF land.

So best we settle down and sort them out sooner rather then later.

1. GIGS - sorry mate but you are going to have to go...............and find a new nickname. It has served you well for the last couple of seasons but the writing is on the wall.

1. a. GIGS sorry to pick on you - but your young bloke, registered as GIGS jr. - hes out too.

2. Jehna - sorry but you are out too - your signature block, thats going to have to go.

3. mattgiteaufan - yes, there is a member out there registered as mattgiteaufan - well you know technically I guess this member can stay no harm in being a fan of a player.

I am sure there are some other changes that will be necessary, but if we all work together remember that there are another 35(?) players who proudly wear Western Force Blue and that our team is a team and not one player and 14 support runners. So relax the sun will still come up (yes its an hour early) but we will be fine.

Breath in, breath out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    exile! bitter or what?!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    I think he's taking the piss
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    and he's right too

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    You may be taking the piss Ex but what is the point of this thread? The reaction from some of this board makes me sick.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I was messing :p hence the smiley! I know ex was taking the piss jehna stress less there are going to be people who are pissed it happens but every one has a right to voice their opinion whether you agree or not... Thats what separates australia from china we can voice our opinions over the net! :d
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    With the recently announced departure of Matt Giteau, I have noticed a need for some changes here in TWF land.

So best we settle down and sort them out sooner rather then later.

1. GIGS - sorry mate but you are going to have to go...............and find a new nickname. It has served you well for the last couple of seasons but the writing is on the wall.

1. a. GIGS sorry to pick on you - but your young bloke, registered as GIGS jr. - hes out too.

2. Jehna - sorry but you are out too - your signature block, thats going to have to go.

3. mattgiteaufan - yes, there is a member out there registered as mattgiteaufan - well you know technically I guess this member can stay no harm in being a fan of a player.

I am sure there are some other changes that will be necessary, but if we all work together remember that there are another 35(?) players who proudly wear Western Force Blue and that our team is a team and not one player and 14 support runners. So relax the sun will still come up (yes its an hour early) but we will be fine.

Breath in, breath out.
    Well said EX, well said

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    jehna stress less there are going to be people who are pissed it happens but every one has a right to voice their opinion whether you agree or not...
    Thanks Lonzy you take the words out of my mouth

vCash
    How 'bout Jigs20? .......and MiniJigs?

[/QUOTE]

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well, for now, let's hope that GIGS (and mini-GIGS) still stands for Giteau Is Gonna Score 20!
    Then, next season - it stands for Giteau Is Gone... so?! (i.e - so what?)

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    I was messing :p hence the smiley! I know ex was taking the piss jehna stress less there are going to be people who are pissed it happens but every one has a right to voice their opinion whether you agree or not... Thats what separates australia from china we can voice our opinions over the net! :d
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I totally respect that people have a different opinion. I can even somewhat understand the anger though I don't feel it. What I'm pissed about is the aggressive and abusive reaction of people on this forum. Be upset, be angry but some of responses are simply mindless offensive abuse which use completely inappropriate on a forum which supports the Western Force and its players. It is a personal attack on someone they don't even know personally. It is a disgrace and knowing that the boys read this forum I'm ashamed right now to be associated with it.

More specifically to this post, I respect the idea that we need to move on, and I agree entirely. A team is about one player (depsite what my tagline says). But this post doesn't achieve that. It tells us to forget, it tells us to stop supporting, and it just adds fuel to the fire. I am not going to forget someone who has been a wonderful player for us....and more to the point, still is. I will continue to support him this year and beyond the Force, in his career because he deserves nothing less from us.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post
    Well, for now, let's hope that GIGS (and mini-GIGS) still stands for Giteau Is Gonna Score 20!
    Hehe - very clever!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I see where you are coming from jehna, but I don't think this thread is offensive at all, although I haven't had a chance to read all the other threads related to this, perhaps your comments would have a more profound effect on the threads which are infact offensive?

I agree Gits is an awsome player and he will still have the respect from alot of us, esp me (brumbies were the first team I went for before we got the force!) and not to mention the fact that he is a Wallaby which makes him so much more respectable in the rugby field.

But people are going to be pissed and even offensive only because every one on this site has put so much into the Force, their time and money. Some people can't help them selves when it all cools down we are all in the same team supporting the Force. No one should ever be ashamed to be apart of this site just because a few people are venting! Visitors including players to this site would be silly to think one persons opinion reflected the whole site opinion.

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post
    I'm thinking change GIGS20 to GIGSR20= Giteau is Gone so recruit im in 2020. Giteau for coach in 2020!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The timing is right now,

BUMP

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    HeHe