Thread: Cameron Shepherd, ready to jump dirtbike over team van

vCash

Cameron Shepherd, ready to jump dirtbike over team van

Anyone else see this?

08.30 WST: Reuters 211009

Injury prone, Western Force Fullback, Cameron Shepherd, has outlandishly declared his intent to jump the team mini van on a dirtbike to prove once and for all, he has fully recovered from a series of leg injuries that have stifled his Wallaby and Western Force Rugby seasons this year.

Shepherd said on Wednesday, "alot of people have been doubting me, and sure, it stung being out of the frame for Wallabies selection because of injury, I'd be lieing if I denied that, so in the off season while all of the other boys were away with the Wallabies or riding their scooters around, I bought this dirtbike and trained".

Shepherd proudly sitting atop his specially modified bright orange stunt machine said, "You know, if Robbie (Wallabies Coach, Robbie Deans) see's me do this he might start to consider me fit again, then anything can happen" Shepherd said with his trademark toothy smile, "I sent Robbie an SMS yesterday, so he knows the jump is going ahead, I was going to get Cummo to video me doing the jump on his new camera phone and put it on You Tube, but his hair kept getting in the way on the trial runs we did, so I'll have to find someone else to video it by then, maybe Sharpy".

On the condition of anonymity one of Shepherds team mates commented "I have a really bad feeling about this, I think Shep should really reconsider this, that van is a good 2 and a bit meters wide, thats a big jump, and its about 2 and half meters high, pretty scary...but that's why he gets the big dollars I guess".

While Shepherd doesn't expect his daredevil jump attempt to be enough for selection in the upcoming Wallabies European tour, he said it might just be enough to get him noticed by the Wallabies selectors for 2010, "Yeah, I want to get back into the Wallabies that bad, just the honour of pulling on the jumper and playing for your country is amazing and if I get lucky enough, I'll get to share a room with Drew Mitchell and you know, short sheet his bed and stuff", He said laughing.

The jump is expected to go ahead on February 12th, at 4.00 pm in the carpark of Rugby WA. There will be a tin can collection for a yet to be decided charity, which it has been rumored to be the Shenton Park spinal rehab unit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

Veteran
    vCash
    this is classic... nothing like a tongue in cheek news article.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You applying for the Media guy job at RugbyWA, Bronksi?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    You applying for the Media guy job at RugbyWA, Bronksi?
    Hey, no Rugby at the moment, why not have some fun?

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Lovely idea - prove I'm over my leg injuries by sitting on a bike and twisting my wrist.

Doing a bike jump for charity is fine. Claiming it proves fitness is just plain stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Lovely idea - prove I'm over my leg injuries by sitting on a bike and twisting my wrist.

Doing a bike jump for charity is fine. Claiming it proves fitness is just plain stupid.
    I think you will find that jumping a Hi Ace van requires a little more skill and fitness than you might think. I'm not sure it is simply a matter of sitting on a bike and twisting your wrist or else we would all be doing it.

Just my two cents worth.

Hasta la vista Pam