Thread: I Hope Both SA Teams Lose Next Weeks Semis

vCash

I Hope Both SA Teams Lose Next Weeks Semis

Well originally i intended to boycott this game but curiosity got the better of me especially after hearing so many arrogant saffas from various online sources claiming this Bulls B team would beat most of the other super 14 teams. So after a cracker of a game between the highlanders and reds i was hoping that the stormers and Bulls B would also play at the same level of intensity and passion.
    What a waste of time that turned out to be. Even the Lions would post a win against tis "Bulls B Team that would beat most teams in super rugby". 28-3 at halftime and i decided sleep would be a better option.

I dont give a **** if the Bulls earnt the right to rest players and I certainly dont give a **** about the tards and crusaders hopes of a home semi. The Bulls stepped onto the pitch with no intention of winning against the stormers. If this was a case of match fixing with gambling and TAB involved there would be a riot. This specific circumstance should be treated exactly the same way.
    As a Foxtel subscriber i feel a bit ripped off that we didnt see the best team fielded and putting in 150% effort into trying to win the game. If I were a spectator at capetown id feel ripped off for not being able to see a heap of springbok stars playing in the flesh. I got more enjoyment watching the other dead rubber games then watching the farce that was stormers and bulls.
    You'd never catch me ever supporting the bloody waratahs but next week I will be willing them to smash the stormers and same goes with the crusaders.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

Stormers defeat Bulls 38-10 to secure home Super 14 semi-final
    From correspondents in Cape Town, South Africa
    May 16, 2010 The Stormers clinched second place and a home semi-final by defeating the Bulls 38-10 in a Super 14 mismatch in Cape Town.

Assured of topping the southern hemisphere championship table since last weekend, the Bulls opted to field a B team and rob a sell-out 48 000 Newlands crowd of the spectacle they anticipated.

Former Bulls winger Bryan Habana crossed for the first of four Stormers tries after only four minutes and by half-time the home team were 28-3 ahead against rivals fielding too many players not used to the intensity of Super rugby.

The second half was closer largely because thermers eased off the accelerator and could afford the luxury of replacing flanker and skipper Schalk Burger with 20 minutes left.

South Africa will host both semi-finals for the second time in four years with the Bulls playing the Crusaders in Soweto and the Stormers tackling New South Wales Waratahs in Cape Town next Saturday.

The Bulls are seeking a third title in four years and Crusaders a record eighth while the Stormers and Waratahs have never won a competition that expands to 15 franchises next year with the addition of Melbourne Rebels.

Orlando Stadium in Soweto - the original home of South African football - plays host to the Bulls because Pretoria fortress Loftus Versfeld is being prepared for World Cup matches next month.

Fit-again Habana went over unopposed as Stormers took control from the kick-off, fly half Peter Grant converted, and Bulls pivot Jacques-Louis Potgieter reduced arrears with a 10th-minute penalty.

With Bulls forwards struggling in the tight and loose and the Stormers playing like men inspired as they chased a first semi-final appearance since 1999, more points for the home team were inevitable in chilly evening conditions.

Grant landed two penalties before former World Player of the Year Habana struck again midway through the opening half in the same corner as the Bulls defence collapsed under multi-phase pressure.

Giant lock Andries Bekker was next to cross after bursting past two Bulls forwards from close range and Grant converted before adding a penalty to close the first-half scoring.

The Bulls lost former Springbok centre De Wet Barry to the 'sin bin' and Grant kicked another penalty almost immediately, followed nine minutes later by the conversion of a bonus-point try from centre Jaque Fourie.

The competition leaders finally spent time in the Stormers half as the game crept to a tame end as Habana was yellow carded before scrum-half Ruan Snyman snatched a last-minute consolation try converted by fellow replacement Francois Brummer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 16-05-10 at 11:40. Reason: edit out the swearing...apologies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Even the Lions would post a win against tis "Bulls B Team
    Hey hey hey, let's not go nuts here

vCash
    Yeah but in reality a final with the Bulls V Stormers in SA would be the best match. They'd be short of killing each other out there in front of a packed out saffa stadium some where.

I'd rather see that than either the saders or tahds win it.