Thread: Reds Membership Hits 15,000

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Reds Membership Hits 15,000

The St.George Reds have achieved a remarkable off field result to rival their on field performance in the 2011 Super Rugby season.

Late last year the Reds launched their Membership Campaign targeting 15,000 Members - the First XV. This week the Reds 15,000th Membership was sold, the best result in more than a decade.

But the effort isn’t over yet. With just days remaining in the Membership campaign and the last three crucial home games still to be played by the Reds, it’s expected demand will remain high for the three-game membership packs.

Queensland Rugby CEO Jim Carmichael said the Membership Campaign is a great success. “Over the past five years the Membership levels have been as little as 4,000 members. To more than triple that in 2011 is a pleasing achievement, and also a testament to the fact that Queensland Rugby supporters are now recognising the importance of being a financial supporter of their team, through membership. As well as giving the Reds the opportunity to engage directly with them all year through our data base systems.”

Reds Captain James Horwill said the increase in Membership has provided a boost for players with more supporters turning up for home games creating an electric atmosphere.

“When we ran out onto Suncorp Stadium against the Waratahs the crowd was right behind us. Around 38,000 screaming fans gave us a great lift. The foundation for that crowd is our Membership base.

“It’s easy to be a fan but when fans become Members it not only helps the future of the Code but it means they become part of the team and that drives our effort on the field.”

Martin Barrett, St.George Managing Director QLD & Automotive Finance, congratulated the St.George Reds on exceeding their target. “Queenslanders are right behind the Reds and we are proud to be part of the team. This membership result recognises not only increased support for the St.George Reds but also the game in general and that's positive for the entire community".

The three remaining games are all blockbusters with the Blues, Crusaders and the Brumbies lining up to take on the Reds at Suncorp Stadium. The first of the three is the Blues on Friday the 13th of May with the Crusaders on May 29 and the Brumbies June 4.

Memberships for the three games start at $70 for an adult and $55 for a child. As an extra bonus all Reds Members gain priority access to purchase tickets to any Reds Home Final games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Congratulations

Wonder how many are actual full season though and how many are three match ones.
    Hopefully the three matchers convert to full season for them next year.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    over 12'000 had been sold before the 3 game memberships were first offered

vCash
    Good stuff.

vCash
    fair weather supporters... I think they picked up all the Brumby supporters.. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I assume that means not ALL Brumby supporters have a problem with traveling to watch a game of rugby then

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I assume that means not ALL Brumby supporters have a problem with traveling to watch a game of rugby then
    Oh zing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The Brumbies have supporters? Why do I see a sea of puke green seats at every home game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    The Brumbies have supporters? Why do I see a sea of puke green seats at every home game?
    Its an old Commonwealth seating policy... never sit behind the oppositions goal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Now You know I wouldn't know...

vCash
    Congrats to the Reds

Hopefully those who picked up the 3 game memberships might upgrade to the full season memberships.

AFL do it (and count them in the full members stats), Some NRL clubs are doing it but memberships have only been pushed in the NRL in recent years.

Maybe the Force could try to emulate it, I know we already have a firm member base but things like this to give casual supporters a taste and could grow the membership.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah agreed Jargs, and as covered previously, with so many FIFO mine workers in WA it would be very attractive to them.
    If using the principle the Force use that every Member is equal it is only the different seat that you pay extra for then it would be a membership between seated and country.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Yeah agreed Jargs, and as covered previously, with so many FIFO mine workers in WA it would be very attractive to them.
    If using the principle the Force use that every Member is equal it is only the different seat that you pay extra for then it would be a membership between seated and country.
    My hubby is FIFO and would take up a "game membership"...but would still make sure he didn't sit near or next to me..LOL!!!

Champion
    vCash
    when u get JOC it will boom... well done Reds on some good long term recruiting If u have any players looking for a run EWF would like to talk to them