Thread: Fans on the Field

vCash

Fans on the Field

This has probably been covered 6 pages in on another thread but I don't have time to go looking ....

Did anyone else think that the Fans on the Field thing last night was a complete farce?

Instead of mingling with the crowds they appeared to be behind a barrier and unreachable. I say 'appeared to be' because the crowd was about 10 deep and I couldn't see any players or barrier from that far back but I assume they were there. It would have been better if the fans had stayed in the stands and the players had walked around like they used to, that wayt the crowd would only be one or two deep. For some reason they hardly ever do that these days, they just come within 10 metres and lob a few gifts into the crowd.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    My kids had a great time running on the field, looking at the big screen, running from goal post to goal post.......so the kids enjoyed the moment

I thought it was a farce.

It was for the kids though. They had a fat time and will nag me to go to the rugby next year so over all a great PR exercise

David Smith was wandering the field amongst the masses signing autographs and smiling for cameras. He's built like a brick sh1thouse so I guess he fears nothing.

I personally thought the barrier was a sh1tty idea that made it impossible for little kids to see their stars. The barrier was lined with starry eyed groupies

I guess players need to be protected........but are they 'ard rugby men or not?

The barrier made it easy for the players I suppose

It was hard to tell what players were there. It didn't seem like many but that may be unfair because I couldn't see a thing.

My kids had fat time. Tommy TC really got the shits on when the siren sounded and I had to drag him off kicking and screaming. A bit short I thought but the players have injuries etc to attend to. There is a game next week.

Winner for kids, teenies, tweenies, groupies and players

Who gives a fark about cranky fat has-beens right?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Agreed, definitely a winner for the kids - mine are still talking about it today and can't wait to go back next season, good promotion. After the siren Brownie, Bam and a few others hung around and the crowds thinned making it easier for the older farts.. JOC also hung around but it was still 10 rows deep to him right to the end...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    JOC also hung around but it was still 10 rows deep to him right to the end...
    I had the same problem in my day.........but it was blokes lining up to belt me rather than women wanting a shag

Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    My daughter got her pic with JOC on the EWF fb page, shes happy

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I had the same problem in my day.........but it was blokes lining up to belt me rather than women wanting a shag
    nothings changes then eh? lol

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    less fibrosis of the forehead in the 2011 model.........and belt size

Controversy corner