Thread: What would it cost to get Goosen?

Rookie
    vCash

Thumbs up What would it cost to get Goosen?

After just joining the forum I quickly reviewed this player and have a "warm and fuzzy' feel that he may be someone to build around. Yes, I am aware he is a foreign player but he has the credentials to fill the 10 spot.
    He may give Seymour time to develop or we can poach another up and coming junior from the east Coast. We keep talking about QC but everytime we buy a player he turns out to be a lemon.
    The Brumbies have proven you need a champion TEAM ( and a good coach) not a team of champions!
    Thought ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great first post Boab, if you troll through the many existing threads on this topic, you'll note that Goosen's name has come up regularly. He'd be a development player, seems able to manage a game well, has a great boot and a good all round passing/running game.

I reckon it'd only take a trip over here to see that you don't need to secure your house with a submachine gun and the promise of as much biltong as he can eat and the job would be pretty much done.

C'mon the

vCash
    As long as you don't live in Armadale.... Nice one anyway boab. You might know a mate of mine, spinifex ...

vCash
    After tonight's performance it's going to be hard enough to hang onto the few decent players we have got let alone attract good new ones. It sucks.

Surely we've hit rock bottom though now? Only way from here is up!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    After tonight's performance it's going to be hard enough to hang onto the few decent players we have got let alone attract good new ones. It sucks.

Surely we've hit rock bottom though now? Only way from here is up!!!
    Yep this a new low. I'm not looking forward to Sunday. Super hero's or not!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Yep this a new low. I'm not looking forward to Sunday. Super hero's or not!
    Right now, those superhero pictures in the RubyWA advertising for Sunday are looking more laughable than they already were!! Benny Mac made a good move by getting them to take his photo off (to be replaced by Rory Sidey's)!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lets try and keep the threads on topic and not fill every thread with the doom and gloom of last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Lets try and keep the threads on topic and not fill every thread with the doom and gloom of last night.

My fault. Thanks for keeping me on track Gerry :-)

vCash
    Here, here enough with the negative waves so early in the morning. Let's keep boab's warm and fuzzy vibe going here. PC has the spirit- the only way is up- With a good playmaker running the show behind a monstrous pack.

Rookie
    vCash
    I think Goosen is going to be the Boks next "big thing" after Steyne retires,so the chances of luring him out of SA is vertually nil.With talk of the lions & cheetahs combining to make room for the shields,the 10 for the lions would be a more realistic goal in my opinion.At least he'd be 100 times better than Harvey.I have my doubts if QC would come west no matter how much he was offered as well

Rookie
    vCash

Question

So does anyone have any insight on Ben Seymour ? Does he have the goods? Have we seen enough of him. I would suggest they play him for the remainder of the games to see if he has the goods. Let's see some of the other players get a lot more minutes and see if they are worth keeping. See who wants a contract.
    Thoughts guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    I think Goosen is going to be the Boks next "big thing" after Steyne retires,so the chances of luring him out of SA is vertually nil.With talk of the lions & cheetahs combining to make room for the shields,the 10 for the lions would be a more realistic goal in my opinion.At least he'd be 100 times better than Harvey.I have my doubts if QC would come west no matter how much he was offered as well
    Correct a mundo, the real cost would be Goosens missing out on a place in the Boks. He has been earmarked as a future Bok, there is no way he will leave that environment to set up in Australia. However, left out of all of this for a few years is Naas Olivier, and he may be looking to start afresh, after a spell overseas in the Rabo Direct Comp.

Rookie
    vCash
    Ralto, agreed that Goosen would be hard to get and that Naas would be a possible second choice. However, Naas will be 30 and do we want to build a future around that. How about this guy as a smokie.........Demetri Catrakilis............... from the Stormers. He is 22 and highly regarded as a future Bok. Him and Seymour for the future. Any good 12's out there to support the Honey badger at 13.
    Comments ?