Thread: Last two rounds

vCash

Last two rounds

And where we are at:

Nedland & Cott are guaranteed 1 & 2, only the order remains unclear. No teams can catch them.

Palmyra, Wests, Uni & Soaks still fighting for finals rugby, Rocky, Wanneroo & PB are now out of contention. Kala can mathematically make it, but but the chances are so far out that you wouldn't bet on it even if it were your last dollar!

So out of the four vying for the last two finals spots, what is lefts for them.

Paly on 51 points v Rocky & PB
    Wests on 48 Points v Cott & Rocky
    Uni on 44 Points v Wann & Kala
    Soaks on 42 points v Kala & Wann

If you remove the games against PB & Wanneroo, giving those clubs five point wins considering that PB & Wanneroo have only won one game each this year, and that was against each other, the table will look like:

Paly 56 Points (Rocky to play)
    Uni 49 (Kala to play)
    Wests 48 (Cott & Rocky to Play)
    Soaks 47 (Kala to play)

This shows that Palmyra are in, are cemented in 3rd place. Even if they lose to Rocky. Obviously if they beat Rocky the celebrations can start a week early, and expect a weakened side to face PB as they look to keep their main players fit for finals.

Assumptions we need to consider:

1, Will Kala be competitive in their last two weeks of rugby given that they know they are out of finals rugby, and with current internal issues. My guess is a disappointed attitude will be in place for this week, with possibly a good performance on the last day of the regular season for no other reason than that it is the last day, but expect them to lose both.

2, Cott will be fuming about losing to Rocky last weekend and will be looking for vengeance against Wests. Wests will hold their own for most of the game, but Cott will have some big names to ensure they get the points and stay in 1st place. This will leave a massive game at the end of the year deciding the position of the top two teams. You'd expect it to be game of the round, but I believe a bigger game looms further down the table.

3, Rocky may not be able to qualify for anything, but they are making sure that everyone knows they are there. I expect them to run paly to the line, and maybe give Dave Ball's team an end to their 5 game run, the spirit around both camps means I expect that game to be game of the week for round 17! They then face Wests who will have to win this to even be able to hope they get Finals footy. This is my game of the week for round 18, a BP Win for Wests sees them in the finals, providing Uni don't beat Wanneroo by over 70ish clear points!

So all three teams vying four fourth place are desperately relying on each other to slip up somewhere.

Wests: Must get five points out of their last two games to have a chance, six points to secure it!

Uni: Must get seven points to have a chance, 10 points to secure it, providing Wests lose to Cott & get no points.

Soaks: Need two wins, and both Wests & Uni to slip up.

With all this taken into account, my tipping for the table after 18 rounds is:

1, Cott 72 Points
    2, Nedlands 72 Points
    3, Paly 57 Points
    4, Uni 53 Points
    5, Wests 52 Points
    6, Soaks 51 Points

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I absolutely love the effort you put into this but you're wrong we have momentum and try and stop us,. we are about to go off

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    And where we are at:

Nedland & Cott are guaranteed 1 & 2, only the order remains unclear. No teams can catch them.very good summary of the remaining games but i think wests just over cott a very predictable attacking pattern from cott and i think most teams are working it out still a very good side

Palmyra, Wests, Uni & Soaks still fighting for finals rugby, Rocky, Wanneroo & PB are now out of contention. Kala can mathematically make it, but but the chances are so far out that you wouldn't bet on it even if it were your last dollar!

If you remove the games against PB & Wanneroo, giving those clubs five point wins considering that PB & Wanneroo have only won one game each this year, and that was against each other, the table will look like:

Uni 49 (Kala to play)
    Soaks 47 (Kala to play)

This shows that Palmyra are in, are cemented in 3rd place. Even if they lose to Rocky. Obviously if they beat Rocky the celebrations can start a week early, and expect a weakened side to face PB as they look to keep their main players fit for finals.

1, Will Kala be competitive in their last two weeks of rugby given that they know they are out of finals rugby, and with current internal issues. My guess is a disappointed attitude will be in place for this week, with possibly a good performance on the last day of the regular season for no other reason than that it is the last day, but expect them to lose both.

2, Cott will be fuming about losing to Rocky last weekend and will be looking for vengeance against Wests. Wests will hold their own for most of the game, but Cott will have some big names to ensure they get the points and stay in 1st place. This will leave a massive game at the end of the year deciding the position of the top two teams. You'd expect it to be game of the round, but I believe a bigger game looms further down the table.

3, Rocky may not be able to qualify for anything, but they are making sure that everyone knows they are there. I expect them to run paly to the line, and maybe give Dave Ball's team an end to their 5 game run, the spirit around both camps means I expect that game to be game of the week for round 17! They then face Wests who will have to win this to even be able to hope they get Finals footy. This is my game of the week for round 18, a BP Win for Wests sees them in the finals, providing Uni don't beat Wanneroo by over 70ish clear points!

So all three teams vying four fourth place are desperately relying on each other to slip up somewhere.

Wests: Must get five points out of their last two games to have a chance, six points to secure it!

Uni: Must get seven points to have a chance, 10 points to secure it, providing Wests lose to Cott & get no points.

1, Cott 72 Points
    2, Nedlands 72 Points
    3, Paly 57 Points
    4, Uni 53 Points
    5, Wests 52 Points
    6, Soaks 51 Points
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Just an opinion on how things could go Westie.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    very good round up rugby ref i think palmyra and wests will close out the top four

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I absolutely love the effort you put into this but you're wrong we have momentum and try and stop us,. we are about to go off
    Off the boil? -

Good luck next week - should be a cracker assuming Cott turn up.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    And where we are at:

Nedland & Cott are guaranteed 1 & 2, only the order remains unclear. No teams can catch them.

Uni 49 (Kala to play)
    Soaks 47 (Kala to play)

1, Cott 72 Points
    2, Nedlands 72 Points
    3, Paly 57 Points
    4, Uni 53 Points
    5, Wests 52 Points
    6, Soaks 51 Points
    How come the ladder now shows Wests with 49 points?

vCash
    There's been a change since I last looked in that case, and that could change things significantly.

Will mean Wests just need to beat Rocky, not with a bonus point. Bonus point will seal the deal.

Also means my prediction changes to:

1, Cott 72 Points
    2, Nedlands 72 Points
    3, Paly 57 Points
    4, Wests 53 Points
    5, Uni 53 Points
    6, Soaks 51 Points

vCash
    Wanneroo with two Force players this week.

Can they upset Uni?

Champion
    vCash
    No

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I'd take Uni's 9/10 combination over the Roos force players any day ...

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

Champion
    vCash
    What, you reckon Rory will play at 9 and Phoenix at 10?

vCash
    I'm sure Carlisle & Burton would enjoy the challenge...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well all seems much clearer now.

Paly are in.
    Wests are nearly there, just need 1 point against Rocky due to their superior points difference over Uni.
    Uni need 5 points and for wests to lose to Rocky and get no points.

Money's got to be on Wests, and having beaten Cott, they'll be very confident for the finals now.
    Posted via Mobile Device